United Nations Association
of the Upper Mohawk Valley
Great Decisions 2004
The Great Decisions Discussion Program is the oldest and largest
grassroots world affairs educational program of its kind.
It is the core of the Foreign Policy Association's (FPA's) civic
education outreach efforts, bringing millions of Americans together
in communities, classrooms and work places across the country
to discover, discuss and decide their opinions on foreign policy issues.
UNA/USA of the Mohawk Valley will sponsor five of these Great
Decisions discussions this year ‑‑‑ all beginning at 7:15 PM at
the Unitarian Universalist Church, 10 Higby Road, Utica NY on:
1. Thursday, February 26 ‑ Bruce Rutherford, Professor of Political Science at Colgate University, will speak on Political Reform in the Middle East.
2. Thursday, March 4 Nathaniel Richmond, Professor of Government and Politics at Utica College will speak on The U.S. and Europe (As Europe faces the triple challenge of a troubled relationship with the U.S., massive expansion of the European Union, and the completion of an EU constitution).
3. Thursday, March 11 ‑Carol Drogus, Associate Professor of Government at Hamilton College, will speak on U.S. and Latin American Relations‑post 9/11.
4. Thursday, March 18 Russell Blackwood, John Stewart Kennedy Professor of
Philosophy, Emeritus, Hamilton College, will help us understand:
Muslim Diversity and the Challenges It Presents to U.S. Policy.
5. Thursday, March 25 Jeff Miller, Associate Professor of Communication Arts at Utica College will give his views on Media and Foreign Policy.
Public Policy books (120 pages) providing background on each
of the above topics available for $15 at Great Decision discussions.
Or contact Isabel Chiquoine as listed in phone book under first name "A Duncan".